Have to try something to see if the gear problem can be solved.
It turns out there is inside the shaft a spring loaded mechanism that pusses the metal bols outside into the sprocket.
My idea is to give the spring load a bid more pressure....
I used a different spring from my spare engine and placed an extra shim to get more pressure.
Starting to make a new spacer. (of brass metal)
Starting with the center hole.
Machined it to 20mm
Made a nice soft angular (so it doesn't look that massive)
A nice shine and not too hard metal (so it can damage the shaf)
Still trying to solve the gear problems, now I'm experimenting with different length of arms.
Sadly, this did not give me the results I liked.
Ended up with changing my first arm
Startung point 1,5 mm metal.
Started with the shape.
Making the mounting nails.
The whole set.
Making the first arm.
Stopped, and went back to the original setting. It was getting too complicated.
I did used a special nail.
To overcome the problem to shift past third gear and activate the pedal mode I made an adjustable end stop.
So after third gear you can push what you want but it will stay in third gear.
The end stop in totall
Roughly around here.
Tacket in to its place.
A real stop.
Is not looking that bad.